Is it your dream to break a record outpacing Angry Birds and to become a millionaire by having developed the best seller of the App Store? If so, be ready to create a real smash hit that will force a mobile user to choose exactly your intellectual creation among approximately 350,000 applications in the Apple App Store only. However, the game is worth the candle. According to Gartner, mobile apps reached $4.2 billion in sales last year. And they are projected to gain $29.5 billion in sales by 2013.
In order to obtain a desirable piece of cake while developing effective m-commerce mobile apps, you need to understand the worth of m-commerce. Thanks to the frenetic pace of busy life more and more mobile users prefer to fulfill all their financial deals with the help of their palm-friendly devices. No wonder that by 2012, shoppers from all over the world will spend about $119 billion on goods and services using their portable devices according to a study by ABI Research. So be aware of how to perform a really effective m-commerce product for the mobile marketplace.
First of all study the most successful examples of m-commerce applications that allow customers to make payments across a variety of industries like Retail, Hospitality, Banking, and Logistics.
Then decide what solution you may propose to your clients with the help of your application. Among prevailing apps are ticketing applications, restaurant apps, mobile concierge apps, mobile coupons, and retail store applications.
Having made the choice be sure that your newborn application corresponds to the main criteria mobile users are searching for while using m-commerce mobile applications:
- reliability – be ready to prove that your product is completely safe, secure, and trustworthy as well as consistent in performance and consumes little battery power and CPU resources;
- commodity – be sure that your app is of true value since useful and entertaining applications fly off the shelf at lightning speed;
- amenity – test your product under various extreme situations to be sure that your application performs impeccably;
- compatibility – make certain that your mobile app corresponds to all requirements of the mobile platform or OS standards;
- speed performance – don’t impel on-the-go mobile users to waste their time and money because of lingering downloading.
Thus, being aware of hot competition for mobile dominance you may use these tips of advice as a starting point for application development in mobile commerce. And be ready to change this world with your creative ideas embodied in your mobile application.
Industries and Technology Areas:
Industries: retail, banking, financial services, real estate, logistics
Technology Areas: mobile application development, mobile commerce, mobile marketing, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Android, tablet, BlackBerry, Windows Phone